Posting ID: JP-002659198
Role: Technician- Vivarium
Location: On Site
This persons responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Making sure that all animals are kept in a safe and cleanly environment
Performing animal husbandry techniques to make sure animals are cared for
Documenting data according time and place of animal care
Breeding and maintenance of several models that are requested by the various research groups
Make sure all mice are counted and always accounted for according to studies
High School Diploma or GED. Bachelors a plus
• Able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds and push/pull heavy loaded equipment carts in a safe manner.
• Able to stand, bend, reach, and crouch while working.
• Proficient with standard computer applications such as Microsoft Word & Excel.
• Able to update and maintain a database and be able to clearly communicate verbally and via electronic mail.
• Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills, positive attitude, team player.
• Availability to work on weekends and holidays as required to maintain compliance in animal care, providing oversight of animals 24/7.
• A basic understanding of the science behind each task.
- Experience in a laboratory animal setting is preferred.
Why Work Here?
- This is a great way for someone that has an animal science degree to get their foot in the door with a company that is growing.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072