Polymer Lab Technician
Posting ID: JP-002658803
1. Setup and prepare the extrusion lines for the extrusion runs. Transfer the polymer batch and prepare batch records for the extrusion runs.
2. Conduct the extrusion trials using various polymers per requests from R&D projects.
Record the materials information and processing conditions in the batch records. Conduct in-line samples testing and prepare samples for Analytical and Performance Evaluation Testing.
3. Coordinate and transfer samples to downstream processes or storages.
4. Maintain lab equipment in good running conditions and ensure the lab safety.
5. At times the Lab Assistant may need to support other suture/textile polymer processes.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering, Material Science
- 6 months of industry experience/co-op/internship
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Good understanding of chemical properties
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072