Medical Claims Specialist
Posting ID: JP-002659045
*****100% REMOTE Healthcare Opportunity with a leading health information management company!*****
Job Title: Medical Claims Specialist
As a Medical Claims Specialist, you will be tasked with following up with insurance providers on appealed claims in addition to drafting and submitting appeal documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Call insurance companies to obtain the status of appeals
- Procure resolution letters (overturn/upheld/reconsiderations)
- Review resolution letters and determine if it provides enough data or finds out if additional follow-up is required
- Comprehend both the client’s rights to multiple levels of appeals
- Escalate cases to appropriate levels within the payor and/or management in order to obtain accurate and timely resolutions
- Identify trends by site/payor/service/population
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- 6+ months of experience in healthcare or insurance company
- Experience with EOB (explanation of benefits)
- Basic medical terminology knowledge
- Must have experience following up on a claim status
- Experience with Outlook/Excel (basic functions, but should understand how to use)
medical, outlook, excel, EOB, CPT, insurance claim, medical terminology, emr, insurance verification, Medical Records, Microsoft, Computer systems, healthcare
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Gianna Tucker