Senior Test Technician
Posting ID: JP-002665026
The successful candidate will work closely with design engineers to develop cutting edge RF IPD’s used in RF and Microwave SiP’s. Responsibilities include, perform basic manual RF tests, evaluating standard RF devices, including but not limited to couplers, filters, duplexers, isolator, building fixtures, building RF test setups, building harnesses, mounting RF devices on evaluation boards using soldering iron and hot plate. The candidate will also be actively involved in the planning, sourcing, and implementation of automated high-throughput testing of RF components. The candidate will work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions. Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment. Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions. Technician will review test results with engineers, make modification of prototypes and retest until performance meets specifications. Technician will take an active role in the development of products by making product performance-enhancement decisions, participating in meetings, and work in a team environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs testing, analysis and evaluation of high reliability microwave IPD’s, modules and systems.
• Analyzes and records testing results.
• Set up, adjust and calibrate standard test apparatus or devices.
• Utilize test equipment to conduct functional, operational and environmental testing.
• Perform detailed RF test measurements such as S-Parameter testing, frequency response, insertion loss, return loss using manual and automated tests.
• Understand the operation of various types of test equipment such as Power Meters, Frequency Counters and Spectrum/Network Analyzers.
• Must be able to read and work from drawings, blueprints and schematics.
• Must have a strong technical electronics experience, troubleshooting to component level skills, and the ability to conduct failure analysis if necessary.
• Must be self-starter, detail oriented, able to work with minimal supervision.
• Team oriented, ability to maintain and establish effective working relationships with other employees.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Top Skills Details:
Troubleshooting, Test design, Test execution, radio frequency
• Associates Degree in engineering technology; Bachelors preferred
• 5-10 years RF and microwave tuning experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must be a highly motivated, self-driven, goal-oriented individual
• Ability to travel, if required
• Must be able to obtain security clearance.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072