Job Search & More
Remote Medical Call Center
Posted Wednesday, July 5, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003883985
Patient Access Specialist Job Description
In this role, you will coordinate with physician officestaff and patients via the telephone to ensure accurate, prompt, and courteous scheduling of primary care appointments, such as preventative screenings or routine office visits. The PAS is responsible for delivering superior service, answering phones, confirming appointments, communicating with all departments and individuals regarding matters related to patient care, and obtaining and entering accurate demographic/insurance information for all encounters including patient financial expectations.
- Promptly answers incoming calls to schedule appointments in Practice Management System (PMS) for patients and/or referring physician offices; makes outbound calls when follow-up is needed
- Ensures efficient processing and documentation of all information required for insurance verification, registration and billing in PMS.
- Demonstrates superior customer service to all external and internal customers, anticipating customer needs and resolving their questions/concerns, and helps facilitate smooth flow of customer phone calls.
- Communicates effectively with patients, physicians, and/or other departments on the phone and through email regarding delays or any issues relating to patient appointments and authorizations.
- Consistently achieves team metric standards and expectations.
- Always maintains strict confidentiality.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Three years of scheduling experience within healthcare highly preferred
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to communicate effectively with a courteous tone on the phone with patients, physician office staff and colleagues
- Proficient computer software skills in MS Office Suite
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) communications skills a plus
Customer service, Medical terminology, Call center, Health care, Customer service oriented, Medical reception, Patient service, Member service
Top Skills Details:
Customer service,Medical terminology,Call center,Health care
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Call center customer service experience. Health care a plus.
Best agent came from starbucks.
Recruiter: Rakesia Johnson