Posting ID: JP-002351351
Aerotek is currently hiring on behalf of a large copper wire manufacturer in Camden, NY for a qualified Maintenance Mechanic to help support and maintain various equipment, machinery, and facility functions!
We are looking for a Maintenance Mechanic to perform preventative maintenance and repairs on the industrial machinery, equipment, grounds and structures, and assist skilled maintenance personnel with repairs in a safe and professional manner. 75% will be machine maintenance of copper wire spindling and threading machines. This Mechanic will be occasionally responsible for welding, fabrication, plumbing as needed, along with the use of hand tools, power tools, and computer software.
- Manage Maintenance Department as needed
- Navigate parts search and order parts as needed
- Effectively communicate with vendors
- Carry out KPI, LDM, and RAIL responsibilities
- Manage internal projects to completion
- Use PLCs to troubleshoot minor electrical and process issues
- Find and use parts drawings as needed
- Locate and use machine manuals
- Use precision measurement tools and techniques
- Determine correct tolerances and alignments of parts and equipment
- Perform basic electrical technician functions
- Perform basic machine shop functions
- Knowledge of all critical building systems
- May include plumbing, evacuation, cooling tower, HVAC, roofing sprinkler, electrical, wise action in crisis, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years' experience in machine maintenance and fabrication
- Skilled in basic shop math and blueprint/schematic reading
- Ability to perform machine and facility maintenance
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices
- Strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Excellent communication skills
- High school diploma or GED required
- Vocational/Trade school diploma/certification is a PLUS!
- 2nd - 3pm-11pm Mon.-Fri. (+$0.50 shift diff.)
- 3rd - 11pm-7am Sun.-Thurs. (+$0.50 shift diff.)
- $20-24/hr. Based on experience
- OT always available!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: William Jones