Posting ID: JP-002341222
External Job Description
Aerotek is currently hiring on behalf of a large industrial maintenance company in Syracuse, NY for a qualified Electromechanical Service Technician to help support and maintain various equipment and machinery in the CNY territory!
We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to keep the facility operating and repairing any problems when they are discovered. The Maintenance Technician will perform a wide range of repair tasks around the facility, which includes but is not limited to:
- Preventative maintenance for client facilities, material handling equipment, conveyors, electrical and mechanical equipment, motor controls, PLCs, etc.
- This technician is not required to have PLC programming knowledge, however they should be able to perform troubleshoots as needed
- Our client has no in-house maintenance team - this Maintenance Technician will be their go-to for all breakdowns and preventative maintenance
- Openness and flexibility to doing whatever else is needed - i.e. general handyman work, changing lights, etc.
- Work will be done at the client facilities on a local level. This Technician will primarily work between Syracuse and Binghamton; however, they MUST be open to traveling within two hours.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with conveyor systems
- Knowledge/experience working with industrial controls - ability to look at a blueprint and troubleshoot back to the processor
- Good insight on PMs
- Minimum 3 years of industrial maintenance experience
- Experience working with motor controls
- Experience working with industrial three phase wiring
- Experience working on conveyor systems
- Ability to interpret and read blueprints and schematics
- Fabrication/welding experience is a plus, but is not required
- The goal is to have all work done Monday - Thursday, 4 10-hour shifts
- If needed, the Maintenance Technician will work on Friday as well
- Preventative Maintenance is done between these hours, and repairs or replacements are done as needed
If qualified and interested, please contact Chris Wall, or click 'Apply Now'!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Christopher Wall