Payroll Administrative Assistant
Posting ID: JP-002664050
-1+ years of Payroll Experience
-Basic to intermediate excel experience (must score 85 or higher on excel test)
-Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or business related field
-Motivated team player
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for processing weekly union and non-union payroll by ensuring compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws in addition to the Company’s standards, policies and procedures. Research and resolve any payroll discrepancies and answer any payroll related questions.
• • Prepare and input weekly payroll data to ensure proper and timely payment to both union and non-union employees, including proper deductions and payments for multi-state payrolls across the country.
• Follow up with Project Managers for timecard review and approvals.
• Process W4’s and direct deposits.
• Ensure proper completion and filing of all compliance reporting to include union withholding and reporting, prevailing wage, certified payroll and state and federal taxes.
• Issue manual checks for urgent requests such as adjustments and layoffs that cannot be included on normal payroll distributions.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Sara Mesbah