Bids Analyst- Entry Level
Posting ID: JP-002524388
Opportunity: A multi-billion dollar company on Long Island is looking for a n entry level Bids Analyst to join their team! They are willing to train and are looking for ambitious individuals that are looking for a long term opportunity with a great company.
This position is responsible for identifying and developing new bid opportunities within area of responsibility; preparing and coordinating bids, quotes, proposals; and sales plan/GPO Analysis.
- Interface daily with various customers, vendors and other members of the Team to create develop and maintain accurate and timely bids and quotes.
- Learn current AS400 bid and quote systems.
- Respond to formal state, federal and local Requests for Pricing (RFP’s) and informal price quotation requests.
- Respond to informal requests for pricing from both internal and external customers and their accounts.
- Record and track all work performed on departmental bid database.
- Proficient in MS Office Excel, (Access a plus).
- Ability to learn new applications quickly and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to take the initiative to function independently.
- Evaluate the procedures in the department and recommend improved methods of bid/quote processing, reporting and controls.
- Bachelors in Related Field (Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Communications etc.)
- Excel: Vlookups
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Christopher Oglesby