AV Multimedia Analyst
Posting ID: JP-002665709
Our healthcare customer is looking for an AV Tech on a contract to hire to support their Main Campus located in uptown Manhattan
Job Description – Audio Visual Multimedia Analyst
The Audio Visual Multimedia Analyst’s role is to support and maintain in-house audio-visual equipment, systems, and video conference assets. This includes operating, interfacing, maintaining, distributing, installing, configuring, repairing, and upgrading various electronic devices while ensuring their optimal performance. This person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user training and assistance where required.
Strategy & Planning
• Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future AV equipment and corporate technology needs.
• Identify and deliver required audio-visual service levels according to company policies and user requirements.
• Set up, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot video teleconferencing equipment, multimedia devices, televisions, monitors, projectors, recording equipment, speaker sets, digital cameras/camcorders, and other presentation equipment.
• Receive and respond to incoming tickets, calls, and/or e-mails regarding AV software/hardware problems.
• Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex AV hardware problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair as needed.
• Document instances of AV equipment failure, repair, installation, and removal.
• Initiates video call connectivity and provides technical assistance during videoconferencing.
• Handle incoming booking requests for AV equipment and setup through Remedy ticket process.
• Troubleshoots and provides solutions for technical failure issues during conferencing and videoconferencing to allow for minimal downtime and continuity of the conference.
• Transport AV equipment throughout facility using mobile carts or by carrying to location.
• Provides support to client in the assisted and independent use of audiovisual equipment to provide for high quality communication of information during all types of conferences and meetings
• Provides for digital videotaping and non-linear (computer based) editing in the production of medical teaching, clinical instruction, and client administrative videotapes, CD’s & DVD’s.
Formal Education & Certification
• B.A. or equivalent intensive experience in Mass Communications or related fields of study, electronics background a plus.
Knowledge & Experience
• Excellent technical knowledge of teleconferencing, presentation, and other AV hardware, including Polycom, and Polycom Multipoint Bridge. Experience troubleshooting and supporting Zoom, GoToMeeting and Blue Jeans web conferencing meetings.
• Comprehensive hands-on AV equipment troubleshooting experience.
• Extensive equipment support experience with LCD projectors, PC interfaces, Document cameras, scan converters, and AV switching interfaces.
• Good knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, software, and standards, including PRI, BRI, ISDN, WAN, LAN connection networks, H.261, H.323, H.264 protocols, Windows OS, MAC OS, MS Office Suite, especially Powerpoint.
• Mechanically inclined.
• Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
• Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
• Ability to conduct research into AV hardware products and issues as required.
• Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
• Able to independently problem solve in the field
• Strong customer-service orientation.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Self motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Requisite flexible hours, including possible weekends.
• Coverage of multi-site locations
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other AV equipment components.
• Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, including mobile carts, monitors and video conferencing codecs.
AV Technician, Polycom, Zoom, Audio Visual Analyst, Desktop Support Technician/Analyst, GoToMeeting, Blue Jeans, Crestron, Audiovisual, Extron
Top Skills Details:
AV Technician, Polycom, Zoom
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
This technician needs to be extremely presentable. They will be interacting with executives, doctors, nurses and administrative staff to set up and support conference rooms. They need to have great communication and written skills. Candidates need to be self-motivated, self-educating, be able to pick things up quickly, have strong customer service/attentive to the users, and proactive mindset.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072