C++ Software Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002659702
As a Software Engineer you will work directly with R&D and operations teams to achieve product development objectives. Through a natural curiosity and passion for scientific discovery, the successful candidate will have:
- A solid foundation in software fundamentals, such as object-oriented programming, data structures, and language concepts
- Experience with executing a complete development cycle to create a desktop software application for interfacing with an instrument and storing/processing its output.
- Experience with modern C++ version 17 or newer
- Experience with GUI design and development
- Qt experience a plus
- Database interface experience
- Exposure to MATLAB a plus
- Experience with software/hardware interfaces a plus
- Exposure to various development tools and methods, such as version control, IDEs, testing frameworks, and analysis tools
- Ability to analyze data from the field, such as log files, error reports, and data sets. Provide technical support to field engineers
- The ability to participate in technical discussions, including a willingness to share ideas and the acceptance of critical feedback
- An interest in, and willingness to work on, assignments across multiple engineering disciplines
Skills & Qualifications:
BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or another computing field required
Candidates must have 3 years work experience in C++ programming version 17 or newer
Project Management skills desired
MATLAB and/or QT experience a plus
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jill Weidman