Posting ID: JP-002659356
On a daily basis, this person will be joining the Security Architecture teams at Excellus and performing Technology Assessment, external Vendor Assessments, and Security Environment Audits. Excellus is currently at the early stages with the cloud and containerization strategy, so these assessments will be in these areas. An ideal candidate has 10+ years of experience in the Security space either as an engineer or analyst. If a candidate has any cloud knowledge, this is a plus. Ideally, we are looking at someone to move from an engineer/analyst level and grow into the next role in their career as an architect.
The Information Security Architect assists in the development and execution of the information security risk management strategy, risk assessment philosophy and the IT components of the Company’s Enterprise Risk Management program. This position participates as an expert in IT security investment analysis, design, scope and approach. The primary responsibility is to provide expert technical leadership for the Information Security Group and serve as a trusted security advisor to the business and IT initiatives. The architect helps to ensure a secure, risk based, and cost-effective infrastructure or application design is developed and maintained. The employee will advise and consult with Information Security management, and various levels of business and IT management, regarding protection of corporate information and the direction of the Information Security Program.
FROM THE CUSTOMER:
• Participates in development and implementation of security architecture principles and standards that align to the Company’s overall business and strategy.
• Drives adoption and compliance of security standards across development and infrastructure teams both inside of and under contract with the Company.
• Creates functional and technical security requirements and sees them through the project lifecycle.
• Executes an overall risk management strategy with key business and IT stakeholders. This risk management strategy will include enterprise integration of risk management into operational, regulatory/statutory, financial, technical, and security processes, including the creation of robust disaster recovery and/or business continuity plans.
• Performs risk-based assessments of solutions and vendors to ensure appropriate security controls are adhered to.
• Provides security consulting, including design, reviews, and recommendations, for various projects and initiatives.
• Supports the team by providing hands-on support for technologies owned and operated by the security and risk department.
• Establishes collaborative working relationships with the businesses, other IT functions and subsidiaries to ensure that Information Security risks are managed, and IT solutions align with the business strategy.
• Develops the appropriate processes, standards, and templates for managing information security risks. Supports the implementation of new standards and solutions in close collaboration with other IT teams to allow Company to efficiently and effectively protect company’s information assets (applications and infrastructure solutions).
• Provides state-of-the-art technical experience and support to in-house enterprise architects, solution architects, and developers.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values, adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct, and leading to the Lifetime Way values and beliefs.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management
• Leads the development and implementation of security architecture principles and standards that align to the Company’s overall business and strategy.
• Helps develop an overall risk management strategy with key business and IT stakeholders.
• Fosters a risk management culture through education, skill development, and implementation of effective risk management processes and practices.
• Mentors lower level staff.
Information security, Security, Architect, security architecture, cloud, azure
Top Skills Details:
1) Security Analyst or Engineer Experience: Ideal candidate has about 10 years of experience either as a security analyst or engineer. General IT security knowledge.
2) Risk Assessment/Technology Assessment: Candidate must have general knowledge and experience within a security environment where they have performed risk assessment, technology assessment, vendor assessment, etc. Excellus is currently at the early on stages of some significant cloud/containerization/technology initiatives where they are assessing the technology and vendor environments.
3) Excellent Communication Skills- will be working with and interacting with IT management/leadership internally, vendors externally, and business leadership to be involved with strategy and vision of the IT Security Teams. Will need to have the ability to push back on vendors/internal teams if necessary with the security of the environment being top of mind. Will need to participate in meetings, document, communicate with all users.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Experience with IAAS, PAAS, SAAS is a plus in addition to the rest of the must haves
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072