Embedded Software Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002662999
Seeking several Software Engineers for a large well-known/reputable company located in the Rochester, NY area. The client is a global technology company, providing industry-leading products and services for commercial, manufacturing and entertainment.
- Work with the machine control software engineering team, as an integral part of the multifunctional team.
- Maintain and update products in the field through software releases.
- Support service in diagnosing field issues that require an understanding of the machine control software.
- Generate system software requirements for new product features.
- Some travel may be required to work with customers to facilitate customer support and product performance validation.
- Create test tools that facilitate data gathering and test method execution.
- As part of a small machine control software team, the engineer will develop software targeting multiple functional units, determining existing function and extending it to realize new features.
- Machine control software interacts with a large set of control technologies including pneumatics, motion control, temperature control, electrophotographic process control, 18Kv powers supplies, registration control, paper handling and numerous proprietary sensors.
Qualifications: **Please note, not all the of qualifications below are required**
- Bachelor's degree in Software engineering, Computer Science or related field
- VxWorks/Tornado, Microsoft Windows, Perl Script.
- Rational Software Architect RealTime, Clear Case, wxPython, Microsoft Visual Studio
- Embedded PowerPC PPC440Gx/60x/750 and Intel processors.
- ICE and JTAG test tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with Electrophotography systems; Embedded Real-time software, High voltage, Motion control, Material science.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072