Posting ID: JP-002662887
The engineer will support multiple programs and participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle (design, code, and test). The engineer will leverage software engineering processes and procedures while performing their respective software engineering and verification activities.
In this important role the software engineer will collaborate with other engineering disciplines and program personnel and will participate in cross functional six sigma style product or process improvement meetings. Keeping up-to-date on emerging technologies and tools will be encouraged.
- Must have the ability to obtain a DOD security clearance to at least the Secret level.
- Bachelor's level degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related discipline
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) using C++, C#, or Java.
- Solid analytical/debug and SW/HW integration and test skills are desired.
- Software development skills to include C/C++/C# and/or Java are desired.
- Familiarity with Digital and RF logic design and test is desired.
- Experience with test instrumentation and MILSTD HW protocols (e.g. 1553, ARINC) and other interfaces (e.g. VME, Fibre, Ethernet, PCI, JTAG/1149.1) is desired. Experience with Ada, DOORS, VxWorks, or UML modeling tools is a plus.
- Experience with formal software testing, verification, and validation is desirable.
- Real Time Embedded SW Engineering skills are desired.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072