Posting ID: JP-002350640
- Mechanical or electrical assembly
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Discipline to assemble and test an existing product at volume, per established design and process
- Ability to learn specific assembly/test processes, through demonstration, verbal instructions, and independent study
- Aptitude to interpret engineering specifications/drawings and follow inspection plans using basic metrology tools (calipers)
- Understanding of material receiving/verification/segregation processes and best practices
- Ability to analyze failures and properly report them to the line lead
- Comfort with electronics assembly, ESD controls, and visual inspection methods
- Respect for safe working environments through compliance with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Start working at a batching station by preparing the mechanical parts you will need for the day
- As you start assembling, scan parts into the computer system using a RF scanner
- Once portion of fixture is assembled, clip into fixture for testing to ensure product is working up to that point
- Move to next section of bench and scan product into system again
- Perform small part assembly using torque gun, tweezers, screw driver
- Put outer case over product and check for any gaps
- Continue with additional assemblies, still all small parts
- Scan in DPU and clip into another fixture for a 2 minute test
- Once that is completed, if all is ok a bar code sticker will spit out of machine, tag this on product
- Assemble window onto product using a couple additional screws and the torque wrench
- Plug into optical station and run 4 minute test
- Once that is completed and all is good, DPU will go onto "burn rack" for longer testing over night: cycling stress test, running lasers, etc.
- Once that is completed the DPU is ready for shipment
- At the shipping station, ensure that the box is labeled and packed properly with mounting kit and DPU
- Scan out for shipment!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: William Jones