Posting ID: JP-002665889
The Research Associate I is responsible for the testing of materials targeted towards product development as directed by the supervisor in a manner that is consistent with proper testing and laboratory procedures. The Research Associate I is also responsible for managing and maintaining equipment and consumable lab supplies.
- Utilize chemistry, metallurgy, and relevant knowledge in a laboratory environment as directed by the supervisor.
- Perform testing of material properties and behavior (including mechanical, electrical, thermal, etc.) following well-established standards and procedures.
- Complete data collection and processing of material testing and performance.
- Manage and maintain equipment and consumable lab supplies for routinely used items.
- Document details and procedures for testing of materials, processes, assemblies, and instrumentation.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Associates degree w/ 2 + years
- BS Degree or MS Degree entry level in a technical discipline (chemistry, metallurgy, material science, and engineering);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills with a focus on data processing.
- Experience in safety, quality assurance, and best engineering and laboratory practices.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072