Posting ID: JP-002664242
Top Skills' Details
1. 2+ years experience logging and responding to network equipment related incidents using Enterprise Service Desk software; performs the appropriate action to resolve the problem or advises lower level staff on how to resolve the problem;
2. 2+ years experience performing root cause analysis on issues related to networking equipment such as routers, access switches, wireless infrastructure, and voice over IP;
3. 2+ years experience performing diagnoses of failures to determine whether they are induced by network software or hardware
4. 2+ years experience working with and troubleshooting LAN/WAN
The Wireless Networking Team is rapidly growing as they are working toward providing a centralized service for the districts. The main responsibility of the Network Engineer will be supporting incoming networking and wireless related tickets.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for logging and responding to network equipment related incidents using Enterprise Service Desk software; performs the appropriate action to resolve the problem or advises lower level staff on how to resolve the problem;
- Performs root cause analysis on issues related to networking equipment such as routers, access switches, wireless infrastructure, and voice over IP;
- Performs diagnoses of failures to determine whether they are induced by network software or hardware;
- Works independently or with higher level technical employees to resolve systems integration issues involving specialized hardware and software;
- Informs supervisor as to the status of all operational issues and any necessary changes according to department change management process;
- Creates and maintains operating records and prepares operating reports;
- Responsible for firmware and software operating system upgrades to networking equipment including wired, wireless, and server based platforms;
- Assist with network design and deployment strategies for enterprise wired, wireless, voice over IP, and other networking equipment;
- Installs and configures routers, access switches, wireless systems, voice over IP, and other related network equipment;
- Installs and relocates hardware and software of network equipment, including assembly, configuration and transport, in accordance with established procedures and instructions;
- Performs the setup, installation, repair, maintenance, and retirement of network equipment that may weigh as much as 50 pounds;
- Works with and assists contract and vendor supplied personnel engaged in the installation, maintenance and repair of network hardware and software;
- Performs periodic preventative maintenance in accordance with manufacturer recommendations and departmental standards;
- Monitors and responds to potential networking issues, including verifying power to routers, switches, voice over IP, and other networking equipment;
- Performs lifecycle management of network and associated equipment including inventory, asset identification, documentation and asset retirement;
- Modifies, updates or replaces network and associated equipment as required;
- Creates and maintains network documentation through the use of industry standard productivity suites;
- Uses computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, word processing, Visio, calendar, email and network management software in performing work assignments;
- In consultation with higher level technical employees, plans and assigns tasks to subordinate staff.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072