Posted Monday, May 15, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003776825
- Utilize microtome to cut histology samples at high volume
- Embed samples in wax paraffin blocks
- Support immunohistochemistry samples and special staining samples
- Immunohistochemistry uses antibodies to detect surface antigens and special staining is a chemical method to apply reagents to slide where different aspects of cellular structure are enhanced
- Utilize automatic stainers, nothing manual
- Cut routine samples and do recuts for rest of shift
- Prepares for all phases of routine surgical pathology specimens for microscopic diagnosis, including processing, embedding, microtomy, H&E staining and frozen sectioning and simple tissue grossing.
- Determines the adequacy of routine and special stains including immunohistochemical stains according to departmental protocols.
- Receives, accessions and prepares cytopathology specimens for processing.
- Participates in continuing education, in-services and departmental programs as required.
- Performs a variety of special histochemical and immunohistochemical stains according to departmental protocol.
Histology, microtome, immunohistochemistry, Staining, embedding, ascp
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Associates in life science
- ASCP HLT or HT certification is preferred
- Microtomy experience
- IHC immunohistochemistry experience
Recruiter: Caitlyn Laryea