Posting ID: JP-002172135
One of the engineering activities EASi executes for Caterpillar is test automation. The Caterpillar machine electronic control units are tested to validate that various functional performance requirements have been met. Testing is automated by designing and building custom test boxes and fixtures that contain components such as power supply, wiring harness, DAQ hardware, switch and connector panel interface, and PLC units. In turn, the test fixture interfaces to components such as sensors, solenoids, CAN Communication, PWM signals, RF transceivers. The test box and fixture functionality are controlled with custom designed and developed LabVIEW programs.
As a LabVIEW Engineer you will be responsible for:
· Requirements analysis and definition
· Architecture of LabVIEW based test fixtures and software
· LabVIEW based software design and development
· Coordinating with Lab technician for the build of test equipment
· Test plans, procedures, and case creation
· Automation of test cases in Teststand and Veristand
· Initial analysis of failures and generation of results reports
- BSEE/CE or MSEE/CE and minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in the design and development of system test tools in LabVIEW, Teststand, and Veristand
- Certified LabVIEW Architect or Certified LabVIEW Developer
- Experience in designing and building test systems using National Instruments hardware with understanding of compact DAQ architecture
- Experience interfacing NI hardware to communicated and control hardware devices such as motors, sensors, CAN communication, PLC, etc
Required - Ability to understand equipment manuals to automate operations
- Experience working in a test lab environment
- Experience with assembly of test boxes/fixtures that contain components such as power supply, wiring harness, DAQ hardware, switch and connector panel interface, and PLC units (assembly will not be the main role)
- Experience sourcing, integrating, and configuring components into test systems. This includes experience with sensors, motors, solenoids
- Knowledge in using test and measurement tools such as Oscilloscope, Function Generator, AC/DC power supply, DMM
Amazing begins here. EASi is a leading global services company specializing in engineering and sciences. For more than 35 years, EASi has delivered critical services across a range of industries, including energy and utilities, transportation, heavy equipment, consumer and industrial products, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, as well as academic and health care research. By adapting to the constantly evolving needs of our customers, we have built specialized expertise and a multidisciplinary perspective - leveraging cutting-edge technology and processes - to constantly improve and innovate. Through EASi's flexible solutions and consultative approach, customers in engineering and sciences can expect unparalleled quality, increased speed to market and collaborative customer engagement services.
Headquartered in Hanover, Maryland, EASi has 3,700 dedicated employees across North America, Europe and Asia. EASi is an Aerotek company, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., a global leader in talent solutions. To learn more about EASi, visit EASi.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Legath, Benjamin