Posting ID: JP-002039231
Position will set up and perform manual, automated and environmental performance testing on products abiding by test standards while following strict timelines. Performance of these tests must be precise, with the monitoring of test controls, effective documentation, and communication of the results both verbally and with formal test reports. Individual will collect dimensional measurements on mechanical and electronic measurement equipment and document appropriately. Other responsibilities include the ability to maintain the condition, maintenance, and orderliness of the laboratory and its equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Setup and perform manual, automated and environmental testing based on applicable standards
• Generate detailed, accurate reports that will be used to make key business decisions
• Self-starter in completing daily testing and reporting and ability to multi-task
• Ability to work in a team environment or independently with minimal supervision
• Willing to learn new technologies, equipment and procedures through on-the-job training
• Support design, construction and calibration of new and existing test fixtures and equipment
• Demonstrated ability to operate electronic and mechanical equipment and tools
• Proficient with MS Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Demonstrate excellent written, verbal, creative problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Excellent organizational skills and proven ability in data recording accuracy
• Must be able to repeatedly lift 25 lbs., and up to 40lbs.
• Associates Degree in Engineering or related technical field with 2+ years of related work experience
• Familiarity with the use of data acquisition and data logging software/equipment
• Consumer products industry experience
• Experience with packaging material properties and analysis techniques
• Experience working with ISTA test standards
• Experience using basic hand and power tools
• Experience operating a fork lift and scissor lift
• Experience operating mechanical and electronic testing machines
• Experience with statistical analysis
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: May, Brittany