Customer Support Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002161850
A Local enterprise leader in IT is looking for an individual to join their team and help support their hybrid-cloud platform designed to secure compute instances in both the on-premises data center and the public cloud. These compute instances could be virtual machines, bare-metal servers, or containers.
In this role, you will:
- Troubleshoot and resolve service requests for enterprise customers
- Interface and Collaborate with peer Support Engineers, Sales, Technical Leaders and internal Engineering/Development departments.
- Utilize moderate to sophisticated lab setups to recreate and solve problems.
- Provide second/third level technical support for Linux technologies.
- Apply analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and software problems of moderate to high complexity.
- Act as a technical authority and provide support to global customers.
- Provide technology/product training as the need arises
• Minimum Requirements:
1. Prior customer-facing technical support experience
2. Linux Expertise (RHCE or above strongly preferred)
3. Knowledge of networking fundamentals
4. Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
• Desired Skills and Qualifications:
1. RHCE certification or higher
2. Big Data and/ or Hadoop Administration experience
3. Scripting/coding in one or more of Python/Ruby/Java/Jscript.
4. Software development and debugging experience
5. Experience working in MongoDB
6. Working knowledge of Cisco Nexus
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Kyle Decker