Lab Technician - 1st Shift
Posting ID: JP-002494383
Actalent Sciences is hiring a Lab Technician to join our Quality Team at one of our premier bio-pharmaceutical clients in the greater Raleigh, NC area!
This is an entry level role where on the job training will be provided. If you are looking to be involved with the pharmaceutical industry and want to begin your career in the lab then please apply today!
The Lab Technician will perform visual and dimensional analysis for incoming materials in a safe, compliant, and efficient manner. The Job responsibilities include performing visual and dimensional testing to evaluate the quality of the incoming materials to demonstrate that the quality of our products meet the high standards of quality.
Report testing results through computerized systems, or through standard laboratory paper-based documentation. Other related duties essential to these operations or special assignments as required.
• Consistently adheres to company, site, and laboratory safety rules and immediately raises any safety issues with supervision as soon as they are identified.
• Follows procedures at all times, adopting cGMP, cGDP practices.
• Follows supervisor directions at all times.
• Able to function independently, but asks questions as necessary
• Accepts dynamic work sequences
• Actively participates in daily and weekly planning discussions with his/her teammates and supervision (as needed) offering suggestions to improve Right First Time and schedule adherence as needed
• Consistently communicates work sequence status to supervisor in a timely manner.
• Where scheduled work was not achieved, actively participates in discussions to identify opportunities for correction and improvement.
• Demonstrates engagement in helping to achieve laboratory, team, and individual goals.
• When faced with roadblocks and issues, routinely offers suggestions for improvements
• Is a positive influence on the laboratory, often going out of his/her way to support and assist teammates on the same shift wherever possible.
• Has understanding of basic non-instrumental wet chemistry techniques, Manual Titrations, pH, Conductivity, Autotitrations, UV-Vis, Polarimeter, etc.
Bachelors degree in a life science field (biology, chemistry, microbiology, etc.) - can be BS or BA
Academic lab experience from coursework
Desire to work in pharmaceuticals
Attention to detail
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072