AWS Cloud Architect
Posting ID: JP-002461732
TEKsystems Global Services® is part of TEKsystems, the leading IT services and staffing company in North America. TEKsystems Global Services provides a continuum of services ranging from engagement management to full outsourcing for applications, infrastructure and learning solutions. As a services provider, we leverage our talent management strengths to extend the business value of our client partnerships and deliver measurable business and IT outcomes.
TEKsystems Global Services is a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our strong culture is embodied by our core values— relationships, commitment, serving others and open communication. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact in the IT market.
The AWS Cloud Architect possesses 4+ years of experience developing and architecting with AWS solutions and is responsible for the development of AWS solutions utilizing network, storage, operating systems, virtualization, RDBMS & NoSQL databases, Hadoop, mid-tier technologies that include application integration, in-memory caches, and security. The candidate must be well experienced in the AWS platform, specific AWS services and their capabilities and a motivated technologist with a proven track record of delivering results in software/technology consulting.
• Technical liaising between customers, development & support teams
• Helping build rapid proof of concepts (POCs) to actively demonstrate AWS solution hypothesis with tangible work products
• Architect and implement solutions that leverage the AWS platform
• Direct collaboration with sales teams to formulate and help execute sales strategy to establish TEKsystems Global Business Services as the partner of choice for AWS solution implementation
• Participating in architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
• Conducting deep-dive “hands-on” education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering, or already using AWS
• Capturing and sharing best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS and Hybrid Cloud community
• AWS environment configuration and performance tuning
• At least 2 years of proven experience in architecting and delivering AWS solutions, the role need to be building an architecture from ground-up touching all key aspects of the platform and not data alone
• At least 5 years of experience in networking, infrastructure, or database architecture, in addition to primary application expertise
• At least 3 years of experience in Cloud-based transformation solutions
• At least 7 years of experience in design & implementation of distributed applications
• At least 2 years of experience in working with software development tools and methodologies
• Excellent communications skills - At least 2 years of experience in presentation skills with a high degree of comfort in speaking with executives, IT management, and developers
• At least 3 years of experience in software/technology customer facing role
• AWS Certification (minimum Associate)
• Degree in a technical discipline, such as Computer Science or Math
• 10+ years of total IT experience
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072