Service Desk Team Lead
Posting ID: JP-002660239
Team Leader - IT Service Desk & Support
The Team Leader of the IT Service Desk has previous experience managing support teams & implementing support ticketing software & streamlining process around the function. Candidates will love to interact with people, helping them fix their tech issues, and finding joy in building a process around this. They will lead a team of Service Desk technicians for a region of the U.S. responsible for end user computing, service desk, executive support, ITSM / ITIL processes & functions, and will help with the oversight of desktop deployments and fulfillment processes. With a strong focus on collaboration this position will work to ensure the delivery of world class customer service & technical support and will strive for optimal employee satisfaction and user experience for desktop technologies. This position will also embrace and influence the adoption and implementation of Agile ITSM methodologies. Candidates will help ensure proper tracking and reporting of performance & delivery metrics and service level agreements (SLAs).
• Participates in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training & retaining Tech Support Specialists
• Leads and directs staff to ensure their team is operating efficiently and providing impeccable customer service to employees.
• Provides constructive and timely performance guidance, mentoring, and oversight
• Participates in the discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
• Provides coaching, mentoring, goal setting, and performance guidance to team
• Reviews, approves, and oversees financial decisions & requests
• Assist Service Desk Director to implement our support, desktop, AV, and telephony solutions
• Provides updates/improvements/reporting/etc. across the support technology solutions
• Provide Tier-1 & Tier-2 support for more than 40 different IT services and 1500+ employees
• Participate in training of employees on IT tools & services, optimizing end-user experience.
• Participates in creation of standards, operating procedures, and other documentation
• Manages the team’s schedules and plan for fluctuations in staffing
• Participates in the team’s development, delivery, and personnel performance
• Helps define, own and report on operational metrics & KPI’s to drive continuous improvements.
• Conducts customer service coaching for their team
• Helps to manage and maintain after-hours/weekend servicing & support
• Ensures quality of team’s delivery and execution
• Strong skills in emotional intelligence, verbal & written communication, and collaborative conflict resolution
• Work closely with procurement & other teams to manage, maintain, deploy, and install office AV, desktop hardware, and peripherals for employees and branch offices
• Assists procurement team to manage & maintain hardware & software asset inventories
• Contributes to the strategic thought leadership of the Enterprise Services Desk organization
• Helps lead IT Servicing, Desktop Support, & IT systems fulfillment operations for their region
• Strong experience using servicing automation tools (ServiceNow, JIRA, ServiceDesk+, etc.)
• Helps automate servicing & support processes using industry recognized tools & solutions
• Perform other duties as assigned
• 3+ years of service desk management experience
• Must have good leadership and technical abilities
• Must have a customer-service with great attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must be motivated, organized, and work well under pressure
• Must be able to work well with minimal and/or remote direct supervision
• Must have a strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize
• Thrives in a fast-paced, diverse, and highly collaborative team environment.
• Degree in an IT related field preferred.
• Experience managing functions through achievable scalable growth: individual contributors and leader/managers, remote and local, blended teams of employees, contractors, and outsourced development.
Help desk support, Troubleshooting, Service desk, servicenow, office 365, Help desk, Ticketing system, Customer service, Support
Top Skills Details:
Help desk support,Troubleshooting,Service desk,servicenow,office 365
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Technical- Hands On
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072