Posting ID: JP-002665655
The CT Technologist performs procedures in accordance with departmental protocols
and standards. Operates CT Scanners and associated equipment with a high level of
proficiency. This equipment includes scanner, post processing stations/programs, O2 and suction equipment, patient transport and patient monitoring
Essential Functions :
• Examines requests and verifies orders on each assigned patient. Refers and
questions orders to the Radiologist before performing exam. Contacts ordering
provider when there are discrepancies.
• Properly identify (Using two patient identifiers) and assist patients while offering a
brief explanation of the procedures. Prepares patients for the procedure with a full
explanation and documents on appropriate worksheets.
• Interviews patients for a complete medical history. Reviews in-patients, ER, and
outpatients EMR’s to obtain pertinent clinical history. Records medical history on
requisitions. Correlates other test results and laboratory data with exam being
• Prepares contrast according to departmental protocols. On
request, records contrast type and amount.
• Evaluates technical quality of images and consults with a Radiologist if needed.
Recognizes abnormal anatomy and processes any additional, reconstructed
images, and/or measurements as instructed.
• Performs basic patient care functions. Informs appropriate nursing personnel of
any changes in the patient’s condition. Initiates life support measures for patients
when necessary. Assists in “code blue” procedures during medical emergencies.
• Performs CT scanning and assists Radiologist/PA.
Practices proper sterile technique in the preparation of necessary supplies.
• Practices principle of radiation safety for self, employees, patients and family
members. Follows appropriate radiation safety standards
ARRT, radiologic technology, Ct scan, Scanning, Patient care, Radiology, Imaging, BLS, MR Contrast
Top Skills Details:
ARRT, radiologic technology, Ct scan, Scanning, Patient care, Radiology, Imaging
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Reports malfunctioning equipment to the department director/manager/supervisor
and clinical engineering/radiology engineer.
• precautions. Maintains knowledge and skills required to work safely in an
environment that can create significant exposure to bloodborne pathogens and
• Adheres to the hospital fire and safety procedures. Attends all in-service classes
and completes all required safety modules.
• Performs work in an accurate and timely manner in periods of crisis and
emergency situations where time is critical. Rotates shifts as required including
call back, holidays, and weekends. Adheres to the Atrium Health attendance
policy by being punctual and taking measures to prevent absences.
• Operates radiology computer system to include entering orders and charging
procedures/supplies. Documents contrast administration in the MAR.
• Maintains assigned work area in a neat and orderly fashion. Keeps area
completely stocked. Cleans all work areas to promote cleanliness in the
• Assists other medical personnel, such as anesthesia, when performing exams or
services in conjunction with a CT scan
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072