Consulting Systems Engineer - Global Service Provider
World Wide Technology
Posting ID: 5000791177406
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 7,000 individuals and closed nearly $13 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the tenth consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Consulting Systems Engineer to join our Global Service Providers team.
Why should you join Global Service Provider?
As a Consulting Systems Engineer (CSE), you will be partnering with Client Executives to provide the technical Pre-Sales work for our Fortune 500 customers across all verticals. No two days will be the same as our broad offerings include Infrastructure Modernization, Multicloud Architecture, Security Transformation and Digital Strategy among others. With our Advanced Technology Center (https://www.wwt.com/atc) at your fingertips for briefings, training, workshops, demos and POC's you'll be delivering best in class results for your customers.
What will you be doing?
The Consulting Systems Engineer (CSE) role will bring technical Pre-Sales experience to our customers within the local market. Day to day responsibilities will include participation in customer sales meetings, presentations, white board sessions and custom technical design work. The CSE will team with local Client Managers to build customer relationships, partner with multiple OEM's and take part in technical training to provide continued value to the customers. Technical expertise expansion is highly encouraged as you look to learn about new areas of interest and be on the forefront of cutting-edge technologies. This position will require the ability to travel up to 25%.
- Aligns with WWT Sales team to represent WWT's Products and Services offerings expertise to all assigned accounts.
- Leads the technical discovery, qualification, solutioning, proposal creation and technical win activities of the sales process
- Uses knowledge of technology, products, and services to create customer-centric solutions (and solutions options) that solve our customers business challenges
- Develops and fosters relationships with key customer technical stakeholders, strategic original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) who are local to your region and/or territory.
- Delivers briefings, workshops, demos that enables our customers to understand WWT’s value proposition and help them make the technology choices that best fit their needs
- Works with clients and WWT Sales team to obtain technical priorities, challenges, and initiatives that can be translated into WWT product and services opportunities.
- Acts as the solution owner, works with the different delivery organizations to ensure a high-quality execution
- Responsible for the coordination, delivery, and quality of presales technology solution deliverables within the domain of the opportunity which may include items such as architectural design diagrams, configurations, and test results.
- Drives services statement of work creation, review, and presentation to customer
- Possess a good business and financial acumen
- Ensures that proposed solutions, when implemented, meet the needs and functional requirements of the customer
- Obtain technical certifications as part of a continuous learning and development plan
- 10+ years of technical experience working with Service Providers, 5+ years of which in a Pre-Sales capacity
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with the customer technology executives
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain meaningful relationships
- Excellent presentation skills and technical sales skills.
- Must have passion for creating solutions that solve business problems.
- Strong personality with leadership skills working in a complex matrix organization.
- Strong presence and credibility to be proven at client site and internally.
- Knowledge of the Service Provider technologies spanning, Data Center, Networking, Security, Cloud and 5G
- OEM certifications highly desired.
Want to learn more about Global Service Providers? Check out the Solutions and Services we provide on the platform: https://wwt.com
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
WWT has implemented a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All new hires must be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021. Appropriate religious and medical accommodations will be made.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled
Job Number: #21-1899
Posting Locations:Raleigh, North Carolina
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072