Director Of Engineering
Posting ID: JP-002660915
Primary Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct accountability for Systems Engineering activities for New Product Introduction and existing system of products;
- Work with sales, marketing and customers from the technical engineering aspect to assist in obtaining new and existing business within our company capabilities.
- Recommends, interprets, and implements the company product roadmap.
- Plans and executes the engineering department strategy and day to day activities to meet goals and expectations; gathers information, direct problem resolutions, devises and executes plans, tracks progress, and adjusts success within scope of responsibility to improve development efforts as well as the organization.
- Oversee hardware and software design system activities; manage development, personnel, and distribution of documentation.
- Provide engineering expertise in one or more key areas of design.
- Work on electrical system and sub-system level design to contribute to the development process.
- Provide updates to Management concerning status of all projects.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigate new technologies, projects, systems, or approaches, and advise management regarding feasibility and technical risk both within our product sector and others.
- Provide technical leadership within the Innovation & Product Development organization.
- Fosters collaboration with cross-functional team members to drive work to completion and resolve issues.
- Assist with hiring and retaining highly qualified individuals to meet ongoing business opportunities.
- Maintains a safe and professional work environment.
hardware, software, Engineering
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of having a BS, MSEE preferred, in System Engineering, Power Electronics, Computer Engineering, or a related engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 20 years of experience designing industrial electronic products (hardware and software) and/or electrical power distribution systems.
- Must have previous supervisory experience as Manager or Director of Engineering.
- Working knowledge and experience with customers in developing successful products.
- Able to run system development projects from concept to manufacturing.
- Familiarity with patent-related processes and the analysis of intellectual property helpful.
- Ability to work effectively with a small team of engineers across various disciplines.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072