Service Desk Analyst
Posting ID: JP-002665756
An American-based company and a member of the S&P 500 Index. The company is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, with operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Caribbean. In particular, supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks and foundations.
They are hoping that within the next 5 years they can continue to grow faster and exceed than Apple and Amazon. The hope is to hire Professionals who have hopes and dreams of career progression. Several members that have been hired onto this team have moved on to even lead other groups. The manager himself came on as a contractor and now manages the team and is hoping to find someone who within 2-3 years this go around will want to take over as manager of the service desk.
Benefits Include: Matching 401k and Pension plan!
As a Service Desk Analyst, you will work alongside a team of 12 other analysts providing advanced support for internal and external customer’s hardware and software issues. You will act as the first level of support for both internal and external customers. Using ServiceNow ticketing systems taking roughly 15-20 tickets per day. Issues may include but are not limited to, password resets, Outlook email issues, Office 365 suite, blue screen of death, VPN connectivity problems, printer connections. This technician will look for trends in the service desk team and work on ways to reduce the overall call volume.
This analyst will take 15-20 tickets per day via ServiceNow, they will touch about 30 tickets per day.
Technicians will have excellent troubleshooting skills, a sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize time with minimal supervision are a must. A nice to have would be someone who has some scripting experience.
• Work closely with Service Desk Analysts and escalation teams
• Catch mistakes and information gaps in tickets to ensure high quality
• Provide Tier-1 support for Microsoft Office issues
• Create, maintain and advise customers on file shares and security including NTFS/DFS and Citrix ShareFile
• Help create and maintain support processes for all areas of the business
• Work in an on-call rotation
• 2+ years’ experience supporting a mixed environment of enterprise and non-standard applications
• Strong communication and active listening skills
• Strong investigation and diagnostic skills
• Familiarity with ITIL processes
• Basic understanding of networking technologies
• Familiarity with Cisco phone provisioning
• Familiarity with Citrix hosted applications
• Experience with Active Directory and Kerberos
Additional Knowledge/skills of value:
• Microsoft SQL Server database experience
• Automation technologies & processes (GE Proficy, PLCs)
Help desk, Ticketing system, Office 365, active directory, servicenow, powershell, solarwinds, citrix
Top Skills Details:
Help desk, Ticketing system, Office 365,active directory, servicenow
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Patience – Will be dealing with folks who do not work with computers on a daily basis. Learn how to work outside of procedure, how do you get from point a to point B by following what makes sense. Have to be able to keep a customer at bay even when you do not understand what their issue is.
Very adaptable. Get thrown the same issue over and over again but each time find a new way to solve it.
Doing external and internal support. Customers or employees will provide the same issues but present the issues in different ways. Probing questions are very important.
Virtualization and Application support are important.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072