Machine Operator-Senior- PAP
Posting ID: JP-002343643
The main function of a forklift/heavy machine operator is to operate forklifts or machinery in a warehouse, storage yard, factory, construction site, or similar location. A typical forklift/heavy machine operator is responsible for the operation of heavy machinery to safely move product load around the facility.
* Review product load for accuracy and ensure timely and complete delivery.
* Perform routine maintenance on vehicles and auxiliary equipment such as cleaning, lubricating or fueling.
* Weigh materials or products, and record weight and other production data on tags or labels.
* Signal workers to discharge, dump or level materials.
* Verbal communication skills, attention to detail, team player and problem solving skills.
* Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Forklift operators license is preferred
* 5Some manufacturing experience is helpful
Rotating 12 hour shift. Therefore, the hours are 7am - 7pm or 7pm - 7am.
heavy manufacturing, chemical , forklift, material handling, heavy lifting
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
See attached shift
Must be able to understand and work 12 hour rotating shift
Must be able to work in a chemical enviornment that is mostly outdoors, hot/cold/dirty, etc
Heavy repetative lifting
Previous experience workign with chemicals, mills, extrustion or 6+ months of previous manufacturing preferred
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Chewning, Robert