IMMEDIATE HIRE -RUBBER/COMPOUNDS FORMULATION CHEMIST
Posting ID: JP-002658938
Are you looking to utilize your years of formulation experience but looking to do it off of the lab bench?
* This Formulation Chemist (Rubbers/Compounds) may be the perfect fit! *
• North Charlotte Chemical company looking for a chemist to formulate rubber products based on client specifications.
• This position is primarily seated in an office environment with occasional visits to the production area as needed. This position has potential exposure to light dust, fumes, and noise from the production area.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Previous Rubbers Formulation/Compound Formulation experience.
• Seven (7) years’ engineering position in manufacturing environment.
• Five (5) years’ experience in any rubber manufacturing or custom compounding environment, preferred.
• Previous industry experience with frequent interaction with customers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering, or other technical areas.
o Experience may be considered in lieu of education.
• Advanced degree in Engineering or other Lean Training, preferred.
• Certified Quality Engineer or Six Sigma Certification, desired.
• Working knowledge of statistical process control and computerized mixing procedures.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent computer/systems skills – MS Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook).
• Excellent cooperation, collaboration skills and team-building skills.
• Solid organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks, meet tight deadlines, and manage a broad range of responsibilities.
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skills with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
• High degree of concentration with attention to detail, high energy, self-motivated and self-reliant.
• Ability to coach and develop Associates.
• Meeting client needs.
• Reworking formulations of rubber based on client specifications.
• Providing the technical knowledge to the technicians working the formulations out.
• Initiate, develop, evaluate, and improve the manufacturing of polymeric compounds on new and current polymeric compounds for all areas of business.
• Set up and follow all new recipes through customer trials.
• Provide technical and problem-solving support to manufacturing including process improvements, quality improvement measures, raw material substitutions and reformulations.
• Manage recipe/formulation design characteristics in the areas of critical to controls and critical to quality.
• Assist with customer visits to follow trials and trouble shoot their process. Also participate in audits.
• Analyze, review and revise compounds’ formula to improve overall productivity and cost.
• Interface with customers to drive compound recipes and/or specification changes.
• Assist with corrective actions for both internal/external defects.
• Follow up and ensure execution of all corrective actions as outlined by the complaint procedure.
• Determine disposition of all off-tested batches, held and returned material. Determine repair ingredients and physical testing needed.
• Support and improve ISO9001:2015 certification.
• Participate in the development of Process Technicians.
• Remain technically current with processing equipment, raw material changes and new technical developments in the industry.
• Represent Company at trade association meetings, as requested.
• Travel to other Company locations or to customers may be required.
• Perform any other project/task as assigned by Management.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072