Quality Assurance Technician
Posting ID: JP-002661009
The Quality Assurance Technician will test and inspect products at various stages of the production process to ensure quality standards are met. This position is a vital piece to our processing and quality certifications and is required to compile and evaluate statistical data to determine if standards are being maintained and meet company requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned by manager as needed
• Selects products and ingredients for testing from specific stages of production process.
• Test products and ingredients for varying qualities such as chemical, physical, and sensory characteristics.
• Interprets data that was gathered against formulas, standards, and other specifications to determine quality and reliability standards.
• Records test data while applying statistical quality control procedures.
• Evaluates data and communication results with production to identify the product is within control limits, is encroaching control limits or is trending negatively or outside of the specifications.
• Determines inferior product and place appropriate product holds until product can be retested.
• To provide customer support by mediating as necessary in customer complaints, comments, and questions.
• Ability to interpret questionnaire answers, to determine whether the product meet our specification for acceptance.
• Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
• Support supplier evaluation program by communicating and soliciting information from suppliers as requested.
• Scan and e-file documents organize and file hard copies, and proof-read documents from supplier and to customers.
test procedure, record analysis, chemical testing, physical testing, Record Result, analyze data, Quality assurance
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as dilutions, averages, running averages, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, lab equipment manuals, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Knowledge of Database software; Internet software and Manufacturing software, to include but not limited to Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
• A general understanding of FDA’s Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) rules and regulations, HACCP, MSDS, PPE, Allergen Risk Management and Chemical Hazards.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information and develops alternative solutions using this information.
• Works with integrity and ethically and is consistently at work and on time.
• Must be able to pass a urine drug test.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Cole Johnson