Managing Consultant (Services Sales - Financial Services Industry)
World Wide Technology
Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2023
Posting ID: 5000917140906
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 8,500 individuals and closed nearly $14 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the eleventh consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today!
What will you be doing?
World Wide Technology has an opportunity available for a Managing Consultant to support our Financial Services customers on both the East and West Coasts.
This is a Technical Services pre-Sales role that requires a Consultative Sales/Business Development person with a broad understanding of IT Infrastructure services (e.g., Networking, Cloud design and delivery) as well as Application Development Services (Infrastructure Automation, DevOps)
WWT's services are focused on leading edge technologies and related Services whether in Network Automation and Infrastructure as Code, expansion of DevOps in to the infrastructure Operations or Cybersecurity/resiliency and AIOps ... particularly interesting to applicants who want to operate continuously at the leading edge of technology.
- Drive consultative services sales with target financial services accounts in your coverage area to achieve services sales goals set for your account portfolio
- Increase services revenue and profitability in assigned services portfolio(s)
- Partner with Client Managers/Client Executives leading the overall sales relationship for your account portfolio to develop a Services Sales strategy and joint pursuit plan
- Build relationships with key clients to identify new services opportunities and grow existing ones
- Generate and qualify services opportunity leads in partnership with the Account team
- For qualified opportunities, develop statement of work covering scope, deliverables, pricing to include external and internal delivery resources.
- Work with services delivery organizations to develop services scopes that are accurate, detailed and contractually protect WWT from scope creep and cost overruns
- Work with internal and external partners and customers to identify needs for specialized contingent staff in support of client engagements and participate in vetting of resources as needed
- Stay abreast of ongoing projects' status and profitability and make recommendations for improvement
- Be the single point of contact for all services sales pursuit activities in assigned services portfolio(s)
- Work with OEM services teams to increase their awareness of the WWT's services portfolio offerings within the assigned services portfolio(s)
- Foster and build relationships with partners and vendors relevant to the assigned services portfolio to assist in increasing revenue opportunities.
- Help proliferate management consulting practices across the wider WWT team and marry them with our existing WWT strengths
- Promote the World Wide Technology Core Values and Corporate Goals
- Candidates must have a successful track record of selling IT integration services to Fortune 500 clients.
- Experience in one or more of the following technical areas: IT Networking, Cloud (Private / Public), Infrastructure Automation, DevOps, Agile App Development, Cyber-security
- The ideal candidate would have a broad understanding of technology domains across infrastructure and application development with an expertise in one (or more) of them
- Adept at professional networking and building relationships with executive and decision-making managers.
- Ability to operate in a leading edge Technical environment and staying abreast of NextGen technical solutions and related Services
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, collegial, knowledge-focused organization
- Ability to effectively profile and qualify target pursuits.
- Ability to provide in-depth technical discussions and directions with customer(s) and internal WWT teams.
- Critical skills necessary are account planning with an extended team, establishing relationships at all levels within the customer's organization, and managing partner relationships.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills required.
- Candidates who live outside of where are customers are located will require more travel. Preferred locations include, but aren't limited to: NYC, Chicago, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and Charlotte.
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently abled
WWT has a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All new hires must be fully vaccinated before starting at WWT. Appropriate religious and medical accommodations will be made and can be discussed in the pre-hire process.
Certain states and localities require employers to post a reasonable estimate of salary range. A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this position is $175-225k + commissions. Actual salary will be based on a variety of factors, including location, experience, skill set, performance, licensure and certification, and business needs. The range for this position in other geographic locations may differ. Certain positions may also be eligible for variable incentive compensation, such as bonuses or commissions, that is not included in the base salary.
Job Number: #23-0035
Posting Locations:New York, New York
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072