Civil Designer (Stuart, FL)
Posted Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003779182
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS IN STUART, FL - APPLY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN RELOCATING TO FLORIDA
Actalent is currently seeking a Civil Designer to join their team in Stuart, FL. This experienced Cad Designer or junior level Civil Engineer will be responsible for preparing studies, engineering calculations, design and drafting of Civil Engineering Projects.
• Preparation of design calculations for storm water management systems, hydraulic and hydrology calculations, force main/lift station calculations, sanitary sewer pipe sizing, water distribution calculations. Calculations may include modeling.
• Preparation and design of water, sanitary sewer, drainage, signal and paving plans.
• Provide Computer Aided Drafting (Autodesk Civil 3D) of construction plans, site plan, exhibits, etc.
• Preparation of correspondence and attend meeting with Clients, Regulatory Agencies, utility companies, etc., to obtain/ provide data necessary for projects.
• Preparation of permits to regulatory agencies, allowing for completion of studies, projects, etc.
• Provide Quality Control checks of other professionals, engineers, technicians, design/drafters and administrative assistants for all work.
• Assist Project Coordinators in correspondence including letters, permits, telephone calls, etc., to provide service to the various projects and Clients.
• Complete field visits to various project sites to confirm project understanding.
• Attend work-related professional seminars.
• Perform construction administration services which may include preparation of quantity takeoffs, cost estimates, bid specifications, technical specifications, construction contracts, attend pre-bid/construction meetings, provide on-site field inspections, shop drawing review, review monthly construction estimates and schedules and complete the final certification to regulatory agencies. This position entails assisting on the Water Quality Monitoring Program for the various Storm water Retrofit Projects.
• Coordinate efforts of the Sub-Consultants such as surveyors, environmentalists and geotechnical services for the preparation of the engineering/construction plans. This position may complete area of the environmental studies when available.
• Shop drawing review.
• Provide Assistant Project Management responsibilities for projects. These activities may include attending meetings, coordinating schedules, coordinating the management of workers’ time and cost, checking project designs and drafting.
**Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering and experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- OR 5+ years of experience as a civil drafter/designer, including proficiency using AutoCAD Civil 3D
Recruiter: Tyler Howard