Project Manager Contractor
World Wide Technology
Posted Friday, January 20, 2023
Posting ID: 5000920017106
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 7,000 individuals and closed nearly $13 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the ninth consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Infrastructure Services (IS) team within the PMO.
Why should you join the PMO?
As a Project Manager, you will be working on exciting infrastructure driven projects for Fortune 500 customers across all verticals. Our global infrastructure planning and deployment services deliver thousands of projects each year. From employing our methodologies at hundreds of sites to leveraging complete enterprise design services, customers trust our infrastructure experts to assess the technology they have today and design the solutions they need for tomorrow.
- Assists in managing the day-to-day customer interaction, operational, and tactical aspects of multiple or large scale projects
- Understand and manage key project financial components to ensure projects are delivered within budget
- Excellent understanding of financial processes; ability to understand, analyze and create financial reports
- Effectively manages to the triple constraint, Time/Cost/Schedule
- Develops and manages a detailed project plan to track progress, variance and critical path
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills; Monitor and report on project progress to stakeholders
- Lead internal resources and third parties/vendors to successful execution of projects. Proficient in creating and executing a communication plan
- Effectively manages stakeholder relationships. Including: the customer(s) and all internal and external stakeholders for the successful execution of projects
- Demonstrates a high-level of customer care and satisfaction
- Implements engagement review and quality assurance procedures in accordance with our methodology
- Ensure profitable and successful execution of all engagements as measured by regional goals and customer feedback
- Minimize exposure to risk across multiple projects
- Proactively manage changes in project scope
- Reviews high-level deliverables across projects
- Minimum three years of Project Management experience. PMP certification is highly desired
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, IT, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of both the theoretical and practical aspects of project management, in a technology industry
- Proven experience with people management, strategic planning, and change management
- Demonstrated leadership in providing project deliverables as assigned
- Familiar with risk management techniques and terminology such as probability/impact. Understand difference between a risk and issue, and skills required to drive risk and issue resolution
- Ability to work independently and aggressively track to project timelines
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate well with customers and co-workers
- Experience in effectively influencing and leading internal and external teams
- Strong team building skills
- Excellent problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Proficiency with project management software
Want to learn more about Infrastructure Services? Check us out on our platform: https://www.wwt.com/infrastructure-services
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Health, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled
This role may require on-location work with WWT customers. Some customers may require WWT employees and contractors coming on-site to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and/or to receive frequent negative COVID-19 testing.
Job Number: #23-0104
Posting Locations:Cleveland, Ohio
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Fort Myers, Florida
St. Louis, Missouri
Charleston, South Carolina
Columbia, South Carolina
Jersey City, New Jersey
Dept Air Force Pentagon, District of Columbia
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Buffalo, New York
New York, New York
Falls Church, Virginia
Greensboro, North Carolina
Charlotte, North Carolina
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072