Engineering Project Cost Analyst
Posted Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003779537
Actalent connects passion with purpose. We are supporting critical engineering and sciences initiatives that advance how companies serve the world. With almost 40 years of experience, our scalable talent solutions and engineering and sciences services provide the expertise our customers need to achieve more.
The Engineering Project Cost Analyst provides project and portfolio cost support for the T&D Practices. Primary responsibilities of this position include close coordination with delivery leadership for review of the portfolio and appropriate internal notification of critical cost parameters. This coordination requires the analysis and reporting of detailed project cost parameters for the practices at all levels and coordination with the Backoffice with respect to financial processing and reporting. The EPCA is the primary liaison between the delivery teams and the Backoffice and performs detailed reviews charges against projects and provides direct support in executing adjustments while monitoring all invoices through the submittal and payment process. The EPCA requires a detailed knowledge of client contractual requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct coordination meetings with delivery and help drive cost issue resolution
- Prepare and submit client unvouchered liability submittals
- Support client audits and provide summary and detailed data
- Provide time and expense data analysis in support of accurate and timely invoicing
- Identify and coordinate resolution of outstanding invoice issues with delivery teams, internal client contacts, and Backoffice
- Analyze Statement of Account in support of timely and accurate invoicing
- Audit manual invoicing and coordinate resolution of outstanding items
- Monitor/identify over-budget projects and period of performance issues and coordinate with project managers for resolution.
- Monitor and identify closed and closing client work orders and coordinate with project managers for resolution.
- Develop and distribute reporting on an established cadence that provides metrics and analytics for project and portfolio financial data for each service line.
- Process adjustments in support of each service line as needed to conduct accurate and timely invoicing
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree with three or more years of equivalent work experience, or associate degree with five or more years equivalent work experience.
- Experience in various aspects of Engineering Project Coordination in the utility industry, or comparable field.
- Experience in Accounting and Business Financial Management
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
Requisite Abilities and Skills
- Demonstrate ability to manage time effectively and efficiently, show capability of organizational and planning skills, as well as having an aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Team player with ability to work in a highly cross-functional and virtual environment
- Ability to plan, set, and achieve goals
- Superior level of personal character and integrity
Recruiter: Dana LaColla
Phone: (610) 232-5804