Senior System Administrator (Windows)
Precision Castparts Corporation (PCC)
Posted Wednesday, April 12, 2023
A Senior Systems Administrator provides the Metals Group with design, planning, configuration, implementation, and monitoring for the Windows environment. Ensures compliance with PCC Corporate IT Policy. Provides compliance and reporting for Sarbanes Oxley. The Senior Administrator must possess excellent interpersonal skills and have a strong background in working with enterprise application administrators and business owners.
· Superior ability to prioritize work appropriately, be flexible and be well organized.
· Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to think out of the box and implement smart solutions to ever changing company needs.
· Develop, document, and review technical standards and procedures.
· Proactively maintain all Windows infrastructure technology to ensure a 24x7x365 uptime service.
· Experience leading site-based projects with cross functional teams.
· Create best practices for managing systems and services across all environments.
· Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning and troubleshooting system and server errors.
· Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on servers and workstations.
· To create scripts in Power Shell, and similar languages
· Establish ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment.
· Responding to user requests and provide off hours support on a pre-planned basis and at short notice in emergency situations.
· Stay abreast of new technologies related to areas of responsibility and share knowledge with the team.
· Serve as liaison to technical products and service vendors.
· Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations within Metals Group
· Advanced understanding of networking technology and enterprise storage
· Knowledge of Veeam backup software, SAN replication and Disaster Recovery
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred in a related field or recognized qualifications in Computer Science, Business, or a related discipline; equivalent experience and/or current certifications acceptable substitutes.
· 5 + years’ proven work experience as a Windows Administrator.
· Specialized in at least two areas of Windows Server Administration, such as
o Active Directory advanced design
o SQL Server
o System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
· Creation and administration of group policies to adhere to security standards and ensure compliance standards are met.
· VMware VCP, MCSA, MCSE certifications a plus.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Excellent analytical and communication skills.
· ESXi and vCenter administration
· SAN administration
· VMware VCP, CCNA, MCSA, MCSE certifications a plus.
Proof of US citizenship, nationality and /or permanent resident status is required in order to comply with all applicable export and import laws and regulations.
For immediate consideration forward your RESUME, POSITION TITLE to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruiter: Amber Khan
Phone: (410) 579-3072