Job Search & More
Posted Monday, July 10, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003892739
You will be working for a manufacturer of precision honing technologies: machines, tooling and abrasives. They supply to several industries including Oil & Gas, automotive and Aerospace (parts for aircraft landing gear, engines, hydraulic machinery, etc.)
The duties include assessing customer and business needs, then selecting, supporting design, testing, and recommending products that best meet those needs and provide maximum value for its customers.
- Candidate will run a client’s products/process with machinery to identify issues or efficiencies, gathering data and recommending improvements / product lines to the customer
- Acts as the liaison between outside sales, the customer and the engineering team by managing all application-specific or non-standard products from initial customer inquiry through, specification, concept, design, manufacturing, delivery, and implementation.
- Prepare and support quotations for products to present directly to customers, or to support other Sales Team members
- Develop and maintain intimate knowledge of all Product Lines, their uses and features as well as their competitive position in the market (to help the customer select the right product for their needs OR determine if a custom solution can be provided
- Perform (or assist with) customer machine “run-offs” and operator training at facility, as requested
- Review RFI’s, RFQ’s, drawings, plans and other potential technical documents to develop and prepare cost estimates/sales for application solutions
- Develop and maintain relationships with customer contacts in support of Territory Managers (Customer Leads)
- Work directly with technical and operations staff to resolve customer equipment and tooling issues
- Limited Travel (15% or less), which may include Trade shows, Customer calls, Application review/support and machine commissioning. Typically domestic travel, international is very rare. Travel times are typically 3-5 days and no more than a week at a time.
Approx. 30-40% time spent on the floor 60-70% in office , but may shift depending on project. While between projects, will spend more time in the office than on the floor.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in a professional/customer facing role highly preferred
-Great soft skills / Customer service oriented
- Experience working in a manufacturing setting
- Mechanically inclined – able to operate and adjust heavy manufacturing machinery
- Experience with measuring tools (mics, cals)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (especially excel)
NICE TO HAVE:
- CAD/ design package experience
- Engineering experience
- associates or bachelor’s degree in a mechanical engineering field, bachelors or associates in engineering technology (hands on degree) would be a good potential match
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Self-starter/ excellent time management
For questions or to apply contact Christopher Davis at chridavi @actalentservices .com
Recruiter: Christopher Davis
Phone: (216) 573-5572