Power BI Developer
Posting ID: JP-002660566
;seeking an experienced Business Intelligence developer to join our team to help design, build, and deploy data visualization solutions to support our analytics needs throughout the organization. This is a technical role that involves building efficient business intelligence reports and dashboards to support data and analytics activities across Kiewit’s business functions. The ideal candidate will be an expert Power BI developer that is comfortable with collaboration and optimizing business intelligence solutions.
The Business Intelligence Developer will be a member of the Data Analytics and Visualization team and work alongside Information and Product managers, Architecture teams, Business Analysts, and various core Technology and Development teams. This candidate will collaborate extensively in support of evaluating, designing, and building visualization frameworks.
What a typical day could look like for this role:
• Developing operational and automated reports and interactive dashboards using Power BI and other reporting tools (Reporting Services / SSRS, Tableau, etc.).
• Assistance with designing and testing Power BI graphical and visualization solutions with business requirement documents using various sources (SQL Server, Oracle, CosmosDB, SQL Azure etc.).
• Creation of scripts and ETL packages that move data from source applications to BI Platforms (Data Lake, Teradata EDW, ODS).
• Extract data from and to cloud based systems using JSON, web-api and other tools or source systems.
• The primary role will be to build, maintain, and support of our day-to-day data visualization needs from our intelligent tools and ETL/ELT data analytics platform (that platform uses a combination of technologies (Azure Databricks - Apache Spark with Pyspark and Spark SQL, Azure Data Factory, SQL Server, Azure Data Lake, Azure CosmosDB, SQL Server Management Studio / SSMS).
Educational Level: BS or equivalent experience - Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, or Technical related degree or relevant experience
Experience: 3+ years of experience writing complex SQL and scripts, 4+ years of experience with PowerBI, MS Business Intelligence Stack
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong PowerBI experience is required including PowerBI Premium or Embedded
• Programming: Expert level SQL, PL/SQL, Experienced Python, Power Query, DAX
• Proﬁcient in writing advanced / complex SQL, expertise in optimization of SQL queries preferred.
• Experience in troubleshooting and working with various teams in resolving issues / solving complex problems.
• Proven ability to understand complex business rules and processes and then build integration processes and database views to represent those rules and processes.
• Preferred experience in secondary tools such as Azure Databricks, Visual studio, Azure Data Factory, etc.
• Excellent written and strong oral communication skills.
BONUS SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Big data environments (Azure Databricks), cloud datastores (Azure Cosmos DB, Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Lake, SQL Data Warehouse), different RDBMS (Azure MySQL, Oracle, etc.), OLAP and ETL solution experience.
• Experience with creation of Technical documentation for Functional Requirements, Scope documents, Technical Design, and Business Process Modeling etc.
Power bi, daiss, Sql, ssis, azure data factory
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Part of a district team (as opposed to corporate IT) that is creating and supporting very custom and business-specific solutions. All dealing with construction and engineering data - design/build - Ex: How many hours on a work site, forecasted schedule of activities vs actual, etc. Experience with Python and Alteryx preferred but not required.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072