Job thumbnail

Help Desk Support Specialist

TEKsystems

06/15/2021

Posting ID: JP-002161564

Full Time
Share:Facebook iconTwitter iconLinkedin icon

Description:

This role will need reliable transportation to get to the different sites as needed. They will provide IT support on site 90% of the time, and the other 10% will be remote. This support can include but not limited to: troubleshooting hardware and software, upgrades, routine maintenance, and more. This is a field tech type role that will provide on-site support as escalations from the helpdesk come in or as needed for physical hands-on work.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES

Build and maintain relationships with clients and other team members

Perform software/hardware upgrades

Install, maintain, and repair, desktop hardware, network equipment and PC peripherals

Responsible for maintaining daily service calls and for meeting requested SLA time frames based on client expectations

Provide detailed progress updates in a timely and accurate manner

Perform routine maintenance following company and vendor standards

Work to ensure physical cabling infrastructure meets desired standards

Participate in equipment liquidations

REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS

Display a professional, reliable, trustworthy, and positive demeanor

Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve problems as well as document all steps taken for resolution including use of an internal ticketing system

Ability to relay technical information and instruction (in writing and verbally) to clients with varying ranges of technical knowledge and background

Organizational skills with strong orientation to detail and ability to follow-through on tasks

Basic understanding of varying versions of Microsoft Windows, Active Directory, Microsoft 365, and Group Policy

Experience with Microsoft Office applications

Comprehension of networking protocols and concepts such as TCP/IP addressing, and VLANS

Familiarity with network-based PC operating system deployment

Ability to maintain confidentiality of information accessed, processed, or stored

A+, Network+, MTA, MCSA certifications are desirable

Demonstrated ability to:

work and adapt in an evolving-priority environment

follow processes and protocols

meet deadlines and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously

ensure physical cabling meets desired standards

learn software tools/applications (e.g. asset tracking and ticketing system)

WORKING CONDITIONS

Working conditions are normal for a technical service environment and will require:

Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license

May require occasional evening and weekend work

Must be able to lift/carry 50lbs

Skills:

0365, desktop pc support, Microsoft windows, IT support, Windows 10, troubleshooting, software upgrades, hardware/software, hardware installation, office 365

Top Skills Details:

0365,desktop pc support, Microsoft windows

Additional Skills & Qualifications:

-Customer Service

-Windows 10

-IT support

-Troubleshooting

Experience Level:

Entry Level

About TEKsystems:

We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.

The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.

Contact Information

Recruiter: Alexander Peters

Email: apeters1@teksystems.com

Related Courses

Browse All

Blog