Vehicle Cybersecurity Development Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002665666
A Vehicle Cybersecurity Development Engineer is capable of allocating vehicle cybersecurity requirements to electronic systems based on electrical architecture and system functional requirements, managing vehicle project development activities and conducting related cybersecurity verifications with minimal oversight, utilizing their past experience to overcome challenges of moderate complexity. Vehicle Cybersecurity Development roles include performing vehicle-specific cybersecurity threat analysis, allocating requirements such as firewalls or encryption methods to in-vehicle electronic systems based on electrical architecture, and working together with ECU system engineers to apply or verify implementations of cybersecurity requirements or protection mechanisms to actual vehicles.
• Project management: Creating and executing a cybersecurity development plan for overall automobile development, utilizing processes compliant with standards such as SAE 21434 to break down project details into required cybersecurity development activities at each project milestone and then performing entire vehicle cybersecurity certification to report the overall status to management. 40
• Cybersecurity requirement allocation: Breaking down new feature or functionality information from model overview or concept information into cybersecurity protection requirements, then conducting design reviews with technical leadership. Techniques such as cybersecurity threat analysis based on attack vectors for each vehicle system are utilized. 15
• Cybersecurity requirement application: Work with system engineers to understand the basis or other detailed information related to cybersecurity requirements to support correct implementation or verification of supplier’s work products. Provide subject matter expertise for understanding how common cybersecurity requirements might require unique implementation to each system. 15
• Cybersecurity requirement verification: Performing testing in prototype or mass production level vehicles related performance of encryption, firewall or security key management implementations. Accountable to create test result reports and conduct verification reviews with technical leadership. 10
• Incident response and threat analysis: Based on vulnerabilities found in common applications such as Android OS or other commonly used embedded system applications, investigate similar occurrence of vulnerabilities in Honda products and propose any necessary countermeasures. 10
• Improvement and innovation: May lead small groups of engineers on specific investigations of new processes or technologies which improve cybersecurity development activities, capability or efficiency. Includes making project proposals to management, setting direction for the best implementation and accountability to report progress on technical activity, budget and schedule. 10
cyber security, ECU, CAN, can bus, ethernet, Automotive software, Automotive hardware
Top Skills Details:
cyber security,ECU,CAN,can bus,ethernet,Automotive software,Automotive hardware
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Minimum Educational Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other cybersecurity-related programs; and/or equivalent experience
Minimum Experience 3 years in related field to automotive embedded system cybersecurity development and 2 years with Masters degree
Other Job-Specific Skills Knowledge of automotive hardware/software development as well as communication networks such as CAN or Ethernet. Ability to communicate with large groups of stakeholders and coordinate project management details utilizing successful conflict management techniques.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072