Job Search & More
(Columbus) Field Technician
Posted Monday, July 10, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003894342
Seeking an Field Technician to support materials testing on construction projects. The Field Technician is responsible for performing various tests and inspections on-site for building materials such as concrete, soil, aggregates, and more to ensure they meet project specifications and codes. The responsibilities of this role can be trained and do not require prior materials testing experience, but candidates with experience or certifications will be considered. Must be comfortable working on a construction site outdoors in various weather conditions.
Most job sites are within an hour of the office and overnight travel is not required. Will be provided a company vehicle.
- This individual will work with a lead technician on full-time, complex construction materials testing projects; makes technical decisions associated with projects, schedules, and performs work with minimal technical supervision. Also performs construction materials testing work with little to no routine supervision.
- Perform soil, concrete, masonry, and/or asphalt testing assignments in the field or laboratory, including filling out the proper field report forms or laboratory report forms and submitting them to management. May include the review and distribution of some test reports.
- Coordinating testing assignments on project.
- Obtain training in new technical skill, safety protocols, and other programs. May also include providing training to lower level technicians, and/or maintenance of technician training records.
- Work outdoors year-round in various weather conditions
engineering, testing, civil, construction, concrete, test, documentation, quality, aci
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience in materials testing field and/or ACI certification is preferred
- Construction or related experience preferred
- Willingness to work outdoors year-round in various weather conditions and lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be a hard worker and show initiative to learn