Microbiology Lab Technician - $17 Per Hour, Increase After 3-6 Months (1st Shift)
Posting ID: JP-002486043
This position is to perform and document routine tasks related to sample processing and assays using written operating procedures, standard laboratory methods and/or basic laboratory techniques, functions and equipment. To conduct specific procedures and tests both within and outside of the laboratory requiring the use of applied knowledge and practical skills learned from on-the-job experience; modify or adapt techniques to fit special needs or problems; to calculate data from routine tests to final results and to evaluate such results for accuracy where expected findings are not precisely defined, but sufficient guidelines exist for reference; to assist with and occasionally perform specialized and non-routine tests and assays, and to maintain records of such work; to coordinate and plan assigned work with other technicians and scientists.
Provide support to laboratory department by performing and/or coordinating a variety of Laboratory processes.
• Receives, registers and prepares samples for general analytical testing through data entry, weighing, and physical homogenization.
• Preps and performs routine to more complex analyses per NQAC methods.
• Reads and records results of analyses, making sure to keep identification numbers matched with correct samples.
• Operates basic laboratory equipment such as balances, pH meter, colorimeter, spectrophotometer, autoclave, evaporator, etc.
• Prepares (and assures accuracy of) standards, reagents, etc. needed for analyses.
• Acid washes glassware and specially cleans other equipment and areas as required.
• Functions as primary data generator, records and calculates data, signs assay sheets.
• Performs routine lab and department maintenance to keep area clean and orderly.
• Interpret customer requests and perform receiving and log-in functions.
• Conducts preliminary interpretations of data or observations, and drafts short reports to supervisor.
• Carries out assignments in a timely, diligent, and safe manner and performs work in accordance with NQAC SOPs.
• Assures adherence to safety regulations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Provide assurance of quality and support of quality processes for the Laboratory/Center.
• Assure quality of results by assisting with establishment and maintenance of QA documents, plans and ICPs.
• Document QA data and report to lead or management.
• Assure equipment is maintained in reliable working order and make repairs or modifications within the capability of the Technician or request repairs.
• Identify and resolve process or analytical methodology problems.
• Assist in write-up, review, and provide proper documentation for processes or methods as experience allows.
• Attend internal and external training programs as assigned by management.
• On-the-job instruction under direct supervision of other technicians or scientists.
• Training other associates as experience and job needs dictate.
laboratory, plating, glp, chemistry, microbiology, data entry, biology, microsoft office
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelor's of Science in Chemistry or a similar field of study (Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, ect)
Basic Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Undergraduate lab experience
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072