Chemist - 6-month Contract
Posting ID: JP-002663030
Apply directly or send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Perform a variety of routine laboratory operations in a research setting.
• Duties include blending paint formulas, applying paint to test panels, and performing specification testing.
• Involves both qualitative and quantitative analysis for wet and cured coating samples.
• Requires knowledge in using various instruments to prepare for and perform tests.
• Ensures the safe operation of all equipment and chemical handling necessary, and confirm the proper safety attitudes, procedures, and housekeeping are maintained in all areas.
• Must be able to follow standard operating procedures of lab functions and equipment, as well as contribute to the development of new standard operating procedures as needed.
• Setup of laboratory equipment, record data for experiments and procedures, maintain samples logs and lab notes. Provide summary reports on projects and problem-solving activities as needed.
• This position will assist the current chemists in the lab.
• This position will be required to perform projects/tasks as assigned.
• Should be able to operate autonomously but also act efficiently as a team player.
• Must have high attention to detail, good written and verbal communication skills, and good organizational skills.
Skills & Qualifications:
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related field and required years of experience or a Master's degree in Chemistry or related field.
Must have high attention to detail, good written and verbal communication skills, and good organizational skills.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Zachary Fulciniti