Protection And Control Engineer III
Posting ID: JP-002115294
EASi has been a leader in providing engineering support services and technology solutions for the global market for more than 35 years, with particular expertise in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded systems and manufacturing engineering. With 2,400 dedicated employees across the U.S. and India, EASi offers comprehensive and innovative solutions, specializing in energy and utilities, automotive, transportation, medical devices and consumer/industrial products.
The position falls within the Protection and Controls Department of the organization. The engineer will be working with senior level engineers to complete protection and control projects that support our customer with minimum direction. They will work with in-house and client engineers and designers. They will provide training and guidance to lower level engineers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work on green-field and brown-field (retrofit) Protection and Controls Projects in substations
• Set relays and conduct relay setting calculations utilizing ASPEN, AcSELerator 5010 (SEL), and GE URPC Software
• Design settings in the appropriate format then pass on to assigned field Protection and Controls supervisor using IPS
• Mark-up and review protection schematics and elementaries
• Utilize MOB to review equipment and materials established by substation engineers for Protection Designers
• Work with the following equipment: transformers, circuit breakers, buses, reactors, line disconnects, protective relays systems (SEL, ABB, etc.), and SCADA systems
• Perform all engineering and design activities with minimum direction from higher level engineers
• Coordinate work activities of others within the work group and department to complete protection and control projects
• Provide training and guidance to lower level employees
• Initiate corrective action when protection and control project objectives are not being met
• Work under supervision of Protection Engineers IV, Senior Engineers, and Principal Engineers
• Position requires 10-15% travel to field substations
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Five to eight years of experience in utilities working with protection and controls
• Five to eight years of experience completing engineering projects from start to finish
• Five to eight years of experience designing one line diagrams
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (ABET)
• Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (ABET) will count toward years’ experience
• A PE License is desirable but not required
Amazing begins here. EASi is a leading global services company specializing in engineering and sciences. For more than 35 years, EASi has delivered critical services across a range of industries, including energy and utilities, transportation, heavy equipment, consumer and industrial products, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, as well as academic and health care research. By adapting to the constantly evolving needs of our customers, we have built specialized expertise and a multidisciplinary perspective - leveraging cutting-edge technology and processes - to constantly improve and innovate. Through EASi's flexible solutions and consultative approach, customers in engineering and sciences can expect unparalleled quality, increased speed to market and collaborative customer engagement services.
Headquartered in Hanover, Maryland, EASi has 3,700 dedicated employees across North America, Europe and Asia. EASi is an Aerotek company, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., a global leader in talent solutions. To learn more about EASi, visit EASi.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072