Senior Protection And Control Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002349915
Actalent connects passion with purpose. We are supporting critical engineering and sciences initiatives that advance how companies serve the world. With almost 40 years of experience, our scalable talent solutions and engineering and sciences services provide the expertise our customers need to achieve more.
The position falls within the Protection and Controls Department of the organization. The engineer will complete protection and control projects that support our customer. They will work with in-house and client engineers and designers. They will provide, coordinate, and conduct training to lower level engineers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Work on green-field and brown-field (retrofit) Protection and Control Projects in substations
• Set relays and conduct relay setting calculations utilizing ASPEN, AcSELerator 5010 (SEL), and GE URPC Software
• Design settings in appropriate format then issue to assigned Protection and Controls Supervisor using IPS
• Mark-up and review protection schematics and elementaries
• Utilize MOB Port to review equipment and materials established by substation engineers for Protection Designers
• Work with the following equipment: transformers, circuit breakers, buses, reactors, line disconnects, protective relays systems (SEL, ABB, etc.), and SCADA systems
• Function as a project lead for protection and control projects
• Perform all engineering and design activities with minimum direction
• Lead, facilitate, and coordinate work activities of others within the work group, team, department, or those external to complete substation projects
• Provide training and guidance to lower level employees
• Identify and initiate corrective action when substation project objectives are not being met
• Interpret codes and regulations and develop standards for construction projects
• Promote engineering professionalism and standards
• Develop, recommend, and implement plans by establishing goals, objectives, and requirements that include all scheduling, resources, and cont information for complex engineering
• Position requires 10-15% travel to field substations
Education and Experience Requirements
• 8+ years of experience in utilities working with protection and controls
• 8+ years of experience completing engineering projects from start to finish
• 8+ years of P&C design engineering
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Dana LaColla
Phone: (610) 232-5804