Mechanical Design Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002662692
· Prepare drawing packages for manufacture and assembly - ensuring complete and accurate project documentation that meets all requirements as well as proper drafting standards.
· Using SolidWorks to develop automated equipment, machine, tooling, material handling designs that meet project specifications.
· Work closely with Project Managers, Controls Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, and the manufacturing team to develop systems and complete automation projects.
• Capable of evaluating quotations, specifications, and documentation to discern functional requirements, identify missing information, and define tasks for mechanical designs
• Organized and flexible in work functions allowing for dedicated, multitasking, and task interrupted duties
• Analytical and decisive to define, evaluate and solve problems in an organized process
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with competency in computer and Microsoft Office products
solidworks, prototyping, robotic automation, design development, design analysis, machine design, material handling, drafting/design, pdm, iterative environment, continuous process improvement
Top Skills Details:
Solidworks, prototyping, robotic automation, design development, design analysis, machine design, material handling, drafting/design, pdm, iterative environment, continuous process improvement
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Degreed Mechanical Engineer Associates or Bachelors
- 8-10 years design experience of manufacturing machines (stamping, riveting, roll forming, material handling)/robotics equipment
- Great soft skills to share the Pros & Cons of various iterations & concepts of new design flows with management & controls engineers
- Management/Leadership Skills to potentially lead this department would make this person excellent.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072