Posting ID: JP-002348941
- Operate a SNK Nissin horizontal boring mill with a 70.9” x 98.4” built in rotary table, fanuc system controller
- Operate a 5” Juaristi horizontal boring mill with a built in 57” x 63” programmable table, heidenhain control
- Operating CNC Mills and lathes
- Responsible for Set Up/Tear Down/ Change Overs
- Responsible for making program edits
- Operate fanuc and heidenhiem controls
- Operating overhead crane
- Blueprint interpretation
- Use of measurement tools (Mics and cals)
- Comfortable with tooling speeds and feeds
- Expect to set up machine at least two times a day
- Operate horizontal boring mill machine
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, specifications, sketches, engineering orders, work instructions, charts, graphs and other source documents to determine the methods and sequence of operations for the machining of parts and materials and tooling
- Set up, make offset, program adjustments, & operate computer-controlled machines to perform one or more machine functions on metal workpieces
- Perform mathematical calculations and layout center lines, reference points, machining guidelines and angular dimensions on materials, parts, assemblies and tooling for machining processes.
- Use proper material handling techniques to ensure quality of product and condition of equipment
- Work from part drawings and use required precision measuring instruments to check machine positioning and inspect work
- Adjust machine cutting paths or settings to optimize production while maintaining quality
- Adjust machine and fixture stops to maintain finish and tolerance requirements.
- Make machine adjustments, tool changes, etc. as required
- Apply a working knowledge of machining characteristics of various materials and metals to pre-set cutting tools on the machine.
- Setup and adjust machine controls to include speeds, feeds and depth of cut, and proper axis to meet configuration requirements.
- Operate multi-position machines and perform contouring, profiling, turning, back spot facing, boring, milling, drilling, slotting and tapping on materials, parts, assemblies and tooling.
- Listen to machines during operation to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to compensate for problem.
- Remove and replace dull cutting tools
- Use hand, power tools and precision measuring instruments to check work in progress and final product for conformance to dimensional, configuration and surface finish requirements and tolerances.
- Read and interpret blue prints and inspection reports
- Examine completed workpieces for defects.
- Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Identify all work in process pieces and finished goods pieces.
Cnc, Lathe, Mill, Blueprint, Fanuc, Cnc machine, Machining, Calipers, Haas, Cnc mill, editcnc, Cnc lathe, Micrometre, Manual, Micrometer, Mazak, Inspection, Okuma, Axis, Cnc setup, Machine shop, Tooling, Milling, G code, Machine set up, Trouble shoot, Program cnc, Programming, Manufacturing environment, Cnc operation, Precision machining
Top Skills Details:
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: DeBlois, Matthew