Maintenance Technician - Large Bakery In Toledo
Posting ID: JP-002351725
- Looking for maintenance electrician
- Candidates will be responsible for repairing labeling machines, packaging machines, food processing equipment, bag filling machines
- Will also be responsible for gear boxes, motors, conveyor systems, sprockets, chains, metal detector, box making machines, bearings, bushings, sensors, drives, pressure blowers, vacuum blowers, pumps, pneumatics, hydraulics
- MIG welding and Stick welding and Fabrication
- Troubleshooting of SLC 500 and 5000 Allen Bradley PLCs
- Reading blueprints and schematics
- Fanuc robots
- Electrical troubleshooting 110v, 220v, 480v single and three phase
- Mechanical troubleshooting of industrial equipment
- Perform Preventative Maintenance
- Perform general building maintenance; change filters in HVAC units, change lighting, etc.
Why work here?
- Get tablets to walk around with to put work orders in
- Tablet is also used to check off what they got done for the day
- Get a $400 tool allowance each year. replace, broken, worn, make their jobs better. Will also be given a tool box
- Pay goes up every year at least .60 cents
- Climate controlled facility
- Very clean plant
- Union facility
- This company offers a $400 tool allowance. This is a lump sum check that is given to employees at the start of their employment (once they go direct). The are able to order tools using this allowance from where the candidates would like to order them from. Hometown does not have an internal person that handles tool ordering.
- Ceiling Pay: Right now, the max for the Electrician role is close to $33/hr. They have in their Union Contract that candidates will get $0.60 raise every year for the next three years. Then, they will need to negotiate another contract.
- Overtime/Double Time: 1.5x for anything over 40, or on the 6th day if candidates work 6 days in a row. 2x hourly rate is awarded on the 7th day if candidates work 7 days in a row.
- Benefit Information: Health, Dental, and Vision are all paid separately, there is no consolidation. They offer a 401K that matches 50% up to 6% after their first 90 days.
- Vacation: It’s a PTO based system, much like hours. They accrue hours based on the amount of days they’ve worked as a Hometown Employee.
- This company makes Pillsbury cake mix, frosting for cakes, brownie mix, cookie mix, hungry jack mic, pancake mix. They supply to Walmart, Krogers, Aldi and various others
- Union facility - Local 58G. Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers
- One opening on 2nd and one opening on 3rd shift
- 2nd shift 2:30p to 11:00p. 2 weekends a month 40-56hrs a week
- 3rd shift 11p to 730a. Sunday night - Thursday night. 2 weekends a month. 40-56hrs a week
- $29 to start
- 90 Day contract to hire
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Pritt, William