Job Search & More
Posted Wednesday, July 5, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003884408
Aston Carter is working with a great client in the Westerville, OH area who is seeking a payroll specialist to join their team!
• Direct point of contact for Comprehensive Payroll Account Manager with ADP Workforce Now
• Process all payroll compensation matters for weekly payroll, bonuses, including reviewing and importing variable compensation, entering local tax information, administering regulatory requirements, e.g., garnishments, tax levies, and support orders, and other adjustments to pay, as necessary.
• Implement and maintain payroll best practices to improve efficiency
• Researches and communicates applicable state, federal, company policies and practices to ensure full compliance with all payroll & benefit related matters
• Respond to all unemployment claims in a timely manner.
• Maintain employee records in payroll systems.
• Administer the time and attendance policy and paid leave policy for all employees.
• Produces scheduled and ad-hoc reports pertaining to payroll and human resources requirements.
• Trains employees to access the self-portal options for updating/changing addresses, banking, and tax withholdings.
• Assists with internal control and financial audits and supports state payroll and workers' comp audits.
• Conducts and processes benefit audit reports to ensure all enrollments are accurate and that dependent information is correct for each employee and works closely with accounting for quarterly and year-end audits (payroll, Workers Comp, 401k, etc.).
• Assist Recruiting Manager in facilitating administrative needs for recruitment and new hire onboarding
Job Requirements (required):
• Minimum of five years of direct work-related experience administering payroll and benefits processes
• Federal, State, and Local Payroll Tax Compliance
• Initiative-taker with strong critical thinking skills, and keen insight into details
• Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
• Shows sound judgment in demanding situations with tight deadlines
• Benefit Invoice Administration Audit
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Associate or bachelor’s degree
• ADP Payroll System, Benefits & Compensation
• Certified Payroll Professional, Payroll Compliance Practitioner, Payroll Certification
Recruiter: Abigail Hickle