Posted Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003779292
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in Shawnee, OK. Below are the job details, please apply now if interested.
- Perform detailed engineering activities necessary to economically manufacture and assemble components, including selecting methods, tooling, gaging, and equipment to produce components specified by marketing and product engineering.
- Coordinate manufacturing feasibility of new or existing products and recommend methods for manufacturing economies.
- Determine what machining method is most effective for the required product finish, tolerance, and quality. Also determine what assembly method is the most effective to build a quality product.
- Give technical direction for initiating and maintaining production capability of assigned components.
- Direct the procurement of specialized tools, fixtures and gauges by evaluating design concepts, initiating tool orders, and justifying expenditures. Support tooling, setup & related production requirements.
- Establish processes including programming of CNC machines, requesting and approving tooling and equipment, and originating operation instruction sheets in order to produce the product in a safe and economical manner.
- Provide manufacturing support documentation necessary for each operation.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technology through professional societies, periodicals, and vendor contacts.
- Analyze the manufacturing impact of vendor evaluations and participate in vendor selection decisions.
- Understand and drive the implementation of all appropriate elements of the Lean System.
- Maintain a constant search for identifiable and measurable cost reductions through scrap analysis, technology applications, design modifications, and improved labor utilization. Prepare cost estimates and justifications, as necessary.
Recruiter: Parker Phillips
Phone: (817) 345-4929